Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lab 8 Climate Change

Josef Elliott
Bio 105
Lab 8 Climate Change
            I have chosen to use the “Environmental Protection Agency. Climate Change Basic Information” article.
            Part 1 Climate Change:
1)    I agree with everything said in this article. There is nothing in this article that I did not find to be untrue. I had not known actual numbers on climate change thought and learned them in this article. In the article they say “Earth's average temperature has risen by 1.5°F over the past century, and is projected to rise another 0.5 to 8.6°F over the next hundred years.” This to me surprised me.  I had thought when we started hearing about global warming it would be by a high number like 15 or 20 degrees. I had no idea it was just 1.5.
2)    Three places I could look if I had have any questions would be to look online at any reputable website. As in the ones we were provided for this lab. We also have our textbooks that we are using for the class. It is full of useful information that has been checked for accuracy. We could as an expert in Environmental biology such as a teacher or a scientist. We could even go to a library and look for books that pertain to the subject we wish to check.
3)    Yes having a background in environmental biology helps a lot. As I stated in question one without knowing anything about environmental biology I thought that when they said global warming it would be by some high number, like 15 or 20 degrees at least. Now with learning environmental biology I know that earth would most likely be destroyed at that rate and that all it takes is a very little change to change the whole earth’s environment. Still reading this article without having learned environmental biology I would have told myself what are we worrying about if global warming is only going to increase by 8.6 degrees Fahrenheit within the next 100 years. But thanks to this class I now know that if this happens it will set off a chain of events that will drastically change the way we live on earth.
Part 2 Biotic Communities
1.     I live in Rimrock Arizona which is “154.12 Arizona Upland Subdivision - Sonoran Desertscrub.” 
Bibliography –
·       "Climate Change: Basic Information." Basics. EPA, n.d. Web. 25 Oct. 2015.

·       "Climate Change: Basic Information." Basics. EPA, n.d. Web. 25 Oct. 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment